Monday, January 14, 2008

Los Angeles, Newport Beach and the Mojave Desert



The last few days have been spent with Ruben's family who live in the LA-Hesperia part of California. We are currently in the Mojave Desert surrounded by uniquely shaped hills and Joshua trees. Antelope Highway is a fascinating study in these unique brown hills that seem uninhabitable, but are not!

Newport Beach is a lovely and lively beach town on the coast south of LA. We took an enchanting sunset boat ride around the harbour and saw the homes of the rich and famous. It was an amazing array of architectural styles. Some homes were quite autentic replicas to the massive structures I have seen in Italy, Spain and the wild west!

Today is my last day on U.S. soil. I will be flying to Narita airport in Japan tomorrow morning, then on to Taipei, Taiwan. I will arrive on Wednesday, at 9:30 PM my time, 8:30 AM, PA time. My next post will be from Taiwan. Zai Jian!

No comments: